Thursday 30 August 2012

Gingerbread Latte anyone..?

Hiya,

I'm still having fun playing with my new goodies - at the moment it's just one new stamp set (Scentsational Season) and a bunch of papers and accessories but come Saturday morning I'll be placing an order for a truck-load of new stuff lol!! Getting very excited about that lot arriving..!! Anyway, onto today's card - I combined the Dynamic Duos colours with this week's Retro Sketch...


At first these colours don't say 'Christmas' but I thought I'd give a non-traditional Christmas card a try...


I replaced Concord Crush with Elegant Eggplant as I wanted to have this card on my inspiration board for the new catty and Concord Crush will be retiring next month. The background was created by stampng a flower from Mixed Bunch repeatedly on Wisteria Wonder card using Frost White shimmer paint. The mugs (from Scentsational Season) were stamped with the two purples and die-cut with the coordinating dies. I also stamped and die-cut the steam and a gingerbread man (using Crumb Cake ink) to fit in the mugs. I added some sparkle to the mugs using the new silver Dazzling Details - love this stuff!!  These were layered on a top note die-cut that I trimmed to fit the sketch design. The sentiment is from Curly Cute. Finishing touches include some  white taffeta ribbon, an Elegant Eggplant button, a few rhinestones for the gingerbread 'buttons' and some faux stitching using a marker.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

9 comments:

  1. Oh Amy..this is utterly charming!! Love the background, love the mugs and the charming gingerbread man!! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful in purple Amy! Love the addition of crumb cake and the pretty background stamping you did, so clever! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm, cozy and just delicious! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nawww...just too cute! It reminds me of the gingerbread man in Shrek...if you have ever seen it! This is just a very cute idea and I would love to join the White House for a warm coco and gingerbread man!
    Lou X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fun and oh so cute Christmas Card Amy. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Amy! I'm a huge fan of holiday cards in non-traditional colors and thisi is super cute. Love the little "dunked" gingerbread guy, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you have chosen for your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I can see why this card won! Congrats ! Your card is so fresh , clean and just so darn adorable! Stunning! Can you tell I really like this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just love your card where did you get those mugs from love them

    ReplyDelete